61
Peace, my heart, let the time for the parting be sweet.
安静吧,我的心,让别离的时间甜柔吧。
Let it not be a death but completeness.
让它不是个死亡,而是圆满。
Let love melt into memory and pain into songs.
让爱恋融入记忆,痛苦融入诗歌吧。
Let the flight through the sky end in the folding of the wings over the nest.
让穿越天空的飞翔在巢上敛翼中终止。
Let the last touch of your hands be gentle like the flower of the night.
让你双手的最后的接触,像夜中的花朵一样温柔。
Stand still, O Beautiful End, for a moment, and say your last words in silence.
站住一会吧,呵,"美丽的结局",用沉默说出最后的话语吧。
I bow you and hold up my lamp to light you on your way.
我向你鞠躬,举起我的灯来照亮你的归途。
62
In the dusky path of a dream I went to seek the love who was mine in a former life.
在梦境的朦胧小路上,我去寻找我前生的爱。
Her house stood at the end of a desolate street.
她的房子是在冷静的街尾。
In the evening breeze her pet peacock sat drowsing on its perch, and the pigeons were silent in their corner.
在晚风中,她爱养的孔雀在架上昏睡,鸽子在自己的角落里沉默着。
She set her lamp down by the portal and stood before me.
她把灯放在门边,站在我面前。
She raised her large eyes to my face and mutely asked, "Are you well, my friend?"
她抬起一双大眼望着我的脸,无言地问道:"你好么,我的朋友?"
I tried to answer, but our language had been lost and forgotten.
我想回答,但是我们的语言迷失而又忘却了。
I thought and thought; our names would not come to my mind.
我想来想去,怎么也想不起我们叫什么名字。
Tears shone in her eyes. She held up her right hand to me. I took it and stood silent.
眼泪在她眼中闪光,她向我伸出右手。我握住她的手静默地站着。
Our lamp had flickered in the evening breeze and died.
我们的灯在晚风中颤摇着熄灭了。



