Scene Two / 情景二
Lisa和James刚到纽约就遇挫,心情十分不快,两个人在饭店大厅的沙发上休息,寻思着向他们在纽约的朋友求助。正在此时,一位叫Ruby的中国女孩也来到了接待处。听了她和接待员之间的对话,Lisa和James终于明白了他们的失误之处。
以下是Ruby跟接待员之间的对话:
Ruby: Good evening. 鲁比: 晚上好。
Receptionist: Good evening, ma’am. May I help you? 接待员: 晚上好,女士。需要我为您效劳吗?
Ruby: Yes. I’d like to check-in, please. I made a reservation a week ago under the name of Ruby Hsu, H-S-U, for three nights from tonight. And here is my confirmation slip.
鲁比: 是的。请帮我登记住宿。一个礼拜前,我用Ruby Hsu, H-S-U的名字预订了一个房间,时间是从今晚开始连续三个晚上。这是我的预约确认单。
Receptionist: Thank you, Miss Hsu. A second, please... Oh, yes, we’ve got your reservation. It is a single room with bath. Is it correct?
接待员: 谢谢,徐小姐。请稍待片刻……噢,是的,我们有您的预约。是一间带浴室的单人间。对吗?
Ruby: Yeah, correct. 鲁比: 对,没错。
Receptionist: Then, please fill out this form, Miss Hsu. 接待员: 那么,徐小姐,请把这张表填一下。
Ruby: Sure. (Fill out the registration card.) Is this O.K.? 鲁比: 没问题。(填好住宿登记表。)这样可以吗?
Receptionist: Thank you. Your room number is 666 and here is your room key. Just leave your baggage here and I’ll get the porter to carry it up right away.
接待员: 谢谢。您的房间是666号,这是您房间的钥匙。把您的行李留在这儿,我会马上叫行李员帮您提上去。
Ruby: Thank you very much. 鲁比: 非常谢谢你。
Receptionist: My pleasure. 接待员: 不客气。