热线订餐
感觉吃文化是旅行必不可少的,在旅游胜地订餐是急不了的。
A: I’d like to reserve a table for three at 7:00 this evening.
我想要订一张今晚7:00三个人的桌位。
B: Let me check. Hold on, please.…Yes, that’s fine. Smoking or nonsmoking area?
我来查查看。请稍候……是的,没问题。您要吸烟区还是非吸烟区?
A: Nonsmoking, please.
请给我非吸烟区的。
B:All right. May I have your name?
好的。请教您的大名是?
A: My name is Zhong.
敝姓钟。
B: How do you spell it, sir?
先生,请问怎么拼?
A: Z-H-O-N-G.
订桌位还有如下说法:
I’d like to make a reservation for this Saturday evening.
我这个礼拜六晚上想订张桌位。
We are a group of four.
我们有四个人。
挑选中意的位子时可说:
We’d prefer a table by the window.
我们喜欢靠窗的桌位。
We’d like to sit by the window.
我们想要坐在窗边。
We’d like a smoking table.
我们想要吸烟区的桌位。
I’d like a quiet corner, if possible.
我想要安静的角落,如果可能的话。
Could we have a table close to the band?
我们可以选靠近乐队的桌位吗?
投诉和道歉
遇到不满意的事情需要投诉时,礼貌地说比较奏效。
在商店,收款员找错了钱。Excuse me, I think you’ve given me the wrong change.
在酒店,房间的调温器坏了。Excuse me, but there’s a problem with the heating in my room.或Sorry to bother you, but I think there’s something wrong with the air-conditioning.
失窃了。I’m afraid I have to make a complaint. Some money has gone missing from my hotel room.
房间没有整理。I’m afraid there’s a slight problem with my room - the bed hasn’t been made.