欢迎访问志愿传奇

高考倒计时19

大学教育的价值不在于记住很多事实,而是训练大脑会思考。

您所在的位置: 新考网(原中国大学在线)>>英文诗词 > 正文内容

让我们成为有爱心的人

作者:  时间: 2020-12-23


英语/中文 诗歌:让我们成为有爱心的人
The More Loving One  --W.H.Auden/W.H.奥登

让我们成为更有爱心的人

 

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well

 

仰望群星的时分,我一清二楚,

 

That, for all they care, I can go to hell,

 

尽管它们关怀备至,我亦有可能赴地府,

 

But on earth indifference is the least

 

可是尘世间我们丝毫不必畏惧

 

We have to dread from man or beast.

 

人类或禽兽的那份冷漠。

 

How should we like it were stars to burn

 

倘若群星燃烧着关怀我们的激情,

 

With a passion for us we could not return?

 

我们却无法回报,我们作何感想?

 

If equal affection cannot be,

 

倘若无法产生同样的感情,

 

Let the more loving one be me.

 

让我成为更有爱心的人。

 

Admirer as I think I am

 

尽管我自视为群星的崇拜者,

 

Of stars that do not give a damn,

 

它们满不在乎,

 

I cannot, now I see them ,say

 

现在我看群星,我却难以启齿,

 

I missed one terribly all day.

 

说我成天思念一颗星星。

 

Were all stars to disappear or die

 

倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡,

 

I should learn to look at an empty sky

 

我应该学会仰望空荡的天空,

 

And feel its total dark sublime,

 

同时感受天空一片漆黑的崇高,

 

Though this might take me a little time.

 

虽然这样可能要花费一点时间。



加入家长群

QQ扫一扫,加入家长群

关注我们

关注微信公众号,了解最新精彩内容

关注抖音号

抖音扫一扫,立即关注我